I dont know about you but sometimes I feel like Im on display for my co-workers to gawk at. At my work, it is usually a day to day event for someone to stare at my belly when they speak to me or make comments about how Im starting to waddle. Today for example...I was walking down the hall minding my own business when I noticed that a co-worker of mine had stopped dead in her tracks about 20 feet in front of me and watched me as I walked down the hall. When I noticed that she wasnt just giving me the regular look-over, that she was actually staring at me, I smiled and called out hello to her. She says, "Now your really starting to waddle". Really? I hadnt noticed! I proceeded to explain to her that Im mainly walking like this because my Sciatic Nerve is acting up. Now, I dont think it was her intention to be rude by making that comment, it was just odd to me. Why do people feel they need to make comments like that?
In other work related news....I have been wearing tennis shoes to work because I do quite a bit of walking during the day and with being pregnant its more comfy for me. I never wore tennis shoes to work pre-pregnancy. Yesterday, my supervisor called me into her office to tell me that people were complaining that I was wearing tennis shoes and that I couldn't wear them anymore. My first thought....are you kidding me?? Who, seeing me 'waddle' down the hall with my tummy, would mind that Im wearing tennis shoes? I think I've earned it! Ahhh, the joy of working with all women.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment